Skip to main content

READ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL. PROTECT YOUR HEART FROM ANGER - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME. FRIDAY, JULY 15TH 2016.

Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul (Proverbs 22:24-25).
As a child of God, not only is the Word of God your life, the Word also gives you a way of life. We’re cultured by the Word; our character is molded by the Word. For example, with the Word of God, you can rid your heart of anger. There’re those who can’t control their temper. It doesn’t matter how long they’ve prayed about it, they’re still very full of rage; little things infuriate them and make them exhibit such anger that’s unbecoming of a Christian.
The only solution for such people is to re-culture themselves with the Word. The Scriptures admonish that you shouldn’t make friends with an angry man, lest you learn his ways. You don’t need anger in your life. Many use anger to intimidate and terrorize others, and it’s wrong. God says, “Don’t do it.” You may be a leader at whatever level, whether at home, in your organization, church, community, etc.; walk in love, and you won’t need to use anger to control people.
Try not to raise your voice in correcting those who are under you. Address them in love; use gracious words. When you speak harshly and angrily to people, you may think you’re making them unhappy; but in the real sense of it, you’re making yourself unhappy. When others offend you, be quick to let go. The Bible says it’s a sin to be angry for long: “If you are angry, don’t sin by nursing your grudge. Don’t let the sun go down with you still angry—get over it quickly; for when you are angry, you give a mighty foothold to the devil” (Ephesians 4:26-27 TLB).
Ecclesiastes 7:9 says, “Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.” Only the foolish are quick to get angry and allow the anger linger for a long time. Protect your heart from anger. Keep bitterness, wrath, malice and hatred away from you. Walk in love. If you’ve been given to quick and unrestrained anger, it’s time to call yourself to order. Meditate on the Word; confess the Word over your temperament, and become kind, full of love, patient, and self-controlled.
PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the power of your Word, and its ability to transform me from glory to glory. My heart is full of love, and I give myself wholly to the Word, to walk in your righteousness always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Further Study: || James 1:19-21 GNB Remember this, my dear friends! Everyone must be quick to listen, but slow to speak and slow to become angry. 20 Human anger does not achieve God's righteous purpose. 21 So get rid of every filthy habit and all wicked conduct. Submit to God and accept the word that he plants in your hearts, which is able to save you. ||
|| Proverbs 29:11 GNB Stupid people express their anger openly, but sensible people are patient and hold it back. ||
|| Proverbs 14:29 [He that is] slow to wrath [is] of great understanding: but [he that is] hasty of spirit exalteth folly. ||
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 23:12-35,
Job 40-42
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 4:12-20,
Isaiah 35

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONEY AFFIRMATIONS; MONEY EVERYWHERE !!!

Money likes me. Money flows easily into my life. As I give, I make room for more. I am a conduit of money into the kingdom. I attract money naturally. Everything I touch is minting money. I am laying up gold as dust. The angel of wealth accompany me everywhere I go and causes money to come to me freely. I have new opportunities and channel to make money. I have more than enough money to fulfill all my commitments and vows. Whatever activities I perform makes money for me and I am always full of money. Financial ideas keeps coming to me. I have money to save, to spend and to give. Money and I have a good relationship. It does not fear or shy away from me. I know how to manage, multiply and utilize it. I am a money magnet; money is constantly attracted to me. Men are giving into my account daily. Every day I am attracting and saving more and more money. He daily loads me with benefits. I have all the money I require for the good life and godliness. I

I LAY UP GOLD AS DUST! - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

Somebody said, "There’s financial harmattan. Everywhere is just dry". Not me! Dry? Never! Not in my DNA. I am always in surplus! But when do you have the most dust? In time of dryness! Wipe the dust today, come back tomorrow, the dust is back, all over the place. The scripture is saying "In time of dryness, I lay up gold as dust (Job 22:24). Too much money! When their bank accounts are frowning, my own bank accounts are laughing, shouting for joy. Gloryyyyy!!! Remember, everything in life including your bank accounts have intelligence. Let my bank accounts shout for joy, and be glad! Because my bank accounts are favoring God's righteous cause, yea, let my finances say continually , Let the Lord be magnified.... (Psalm 35:27)! Hallelujah!!! Glory to God! It’s time to start laying up gold as dust and it’s time to start funding the Gospel big time. My name is on every naira, every rand, every dollar, every cedis, every euro, and every pound, Just look at them

THE MIMSHACK ANOINTING' AS RECOMMENDED BY PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME FOR THIS MONTH OF EXPANSION

Click to Order Now! @ a 20% Discount. 'The Mimshack Anointing' as recommended by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome for this glorious Month of Expansion. http://bit.ly/1NgbPgc