Skip to main content

KIM DAVIS' ATTORNEY: JUDGE'S ORDER FOR RELEASE DIDN'T RESOLVE LEGAL ISSUES

“The plaintiffs [the couples requesting licenses] never requested jail but instead requested fines. Judge Bunning limited Kim's response to five pages when the rules allow 20 pages. It appeared that Judge Bunning prearranged for the Carter County Detention Center jailer to be present at the hearing without ever notifying the parties he intended from the outset to send Kim Davis to jail. Judge Bunning never provided for lesser fines but went straight to punishment, thus essentially converting a civil contempt into a criminal contempt without notifying Kim Davis. Liberty Counsel also argues that Judge Bunning's Contempt Order violated principles of federalism because he injected the federal government into the management of a state agency. Finally, Liberty Counsel argues the Contempt Order violated the federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act because imprisonment is not the least restrictive means to achieve the government's interest when it infringes on religious freedom.”

The attorney for Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, says his client's release from a Kentucky jail after confinement "for exercising her sincerely-held religious beliefs" is not the end of the legal saga.
Liberty Counsel's Mat Staver said in a statement after Davis' release Sept. 8 that he was pleased his client was no longer in jail for contempt of court, but he added "she can never recover the past six days of her life spent in an isolated jail cell, where she was incarcerated like a common criminal because of her conscience and religious convictions. She is now free to return to her family, her coworkers and the office where she has faithfully served for the past 27 years."
Just before Davis' release, Staver said Liberty Counsel had filed over the weekend an appeal of Judge David Bunning's contempt order with the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. Whether or not the circuit court will hear the appeal and lift the contempt charge remains to be seen, but such an outcome is highly unlikely since Davis is now out of jail.
Staver also said he believes his client's due process rights were violated during her interaction with the judge.
Staver, however, has said the marriage licenses Rowan County issued are invalid because they do not bear the signature of the county clerk.
Judge Bunning seems to think they are. In his two-page order, Bunning wrote that though the marriage licenses "have been altered so that 'Rowan County' rather than 'Kim Davis' appears on the line reserved for the name of the county clerk, Plaintiffs have not alleged that the alterations affect the validity of the licenses. Nor do the alterations impact the Court's finding that the deputy clerks have complied with the Court's Order."
Bunning also said in the ruling Davis will remain out of jail as long as she does not interfere "directly or indirectly" with the issuance of marriage licenses in Rowan County.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONEY AFFIRMATIONS; MONEY EVERYWHERE !!!

Money likes me. Money flows easily into my life. As I give, I make room for more. I am a conduit of money into the kingdom. I attract money naturally. Everything I touch is minting money. I am laying up gold as dust. The angel of wealth accompany me everywhere I go and causes money to come to me freely. I have new opportunities and channel to make money. I have more than enough money to fulfill all my commitments and vows. Whatever activities I perform makes money for me and I am always full of money. Financial ideas keeps coming to me. I have money to save, to spend and to give. Money and I have a good relationship. It does not fear or shy away from me. I know how to manage, multiply and utilize it. I am a money magnet; money is constantly attracted to me. Men are giving into my account daily. Every day I am attracting and saving more and more money. He daily loads me with benefits. I have all the money I require for the good life and godliness. I

I LAY UP GOLD AS DUST! - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

Somebody said, "There’s financial harmattan. Everywhere is just dry". Not me! Dry? Never! Not in my DNA. I am always in surplus! But when do you have the most dust? In time of dryness! Wipe the dust today, come back tomorrow, the dust is back, all over the place. The scripture is saying "In time of dryness, I lay up gold as dust (Job 22:24). Too much money! When their bank accounts are frowning, my own bank accounts are laughing, shouting for joy. Gloryyyyy!!! Remember, everything in life including your bank accounts have intelligence. Let my bank accounts shout for joy, and be glad! Because my bank accounts are favoring God's righteous cause, yea, let my finances say continually , Let the Lord be magnified.... (Psalm 35:27)! Hallelujah!!! Glory to God! It’s time to start laying up gold as dust and it’s time to start funding the Gospel big time. My name is on every naira, every rand, every dollar, every cedis, every euro, and every pound, Just look at them

THE MIMSHACK ANOINTING' AS RECOMMENDED BY PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME FOR THIS MONTH OF EXPANSION

Click to Order Now! @ a 20% Discount. 'The Mimshack Anointing' as recommended by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome for this glorious Month of Expansion. http://bit.ly/1NgbPgc