Skip to main content

SERVICE PRECEDES GREATNESS

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will (Acts 13:22).

When God anoints a man, that anointing will only work in its fullness and position that man to fulfill His destiny in God after he has proven himself in service. The anointing doesn't work just because you want it to work; there’s a time of service; a time when your obedience is tested and proven. If God hasn't proved your obedience, He’ll not command others to obey you. So before He launches you out into greatness; into the destiny of His working for your life, you must first have learnt to serve.

We find this to be true in the lives of some of the great personalities of the Bible. Take David for an example; his story compels close attention because of the uncommon grace he found with God. God described him as a man after His own heart (Acts 13:22). He grew to become one of the greatest kings of Israel and this was a result of his life of loyal and diligent service. In 1 Samuel 16:21-22, the Bible says “And David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him greatly; and he became his armour bearer. And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, Let David, I pray thee, stand before me; for he hath found favor in my sight.” This was how David came to serve King Saul.

Worthy of note is the fact that at this time, David had already been anointed. So obviously, the anointing guided him to serve Saul the king, because if he was going to be a great king, he must first learn to serve. The Master Himself, in Matthew 20:26-28 (TLB), very clearly emphasized how our service to God and to one another precedes our greatness in the Kingdom of God: “But among you it is quite different. Anyone wanting to be a leader among you must be your servant. And if you want to be right at the top, you must serve like a slave. Your attitude must be like my own, for I, the Messiah, did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give my life as a ransom for many.”

The Lord Jesus was the epitome of true service. The Bible says He was obedient unto death, so much so, that God highly exalted Him and gave Him a name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow ( Philippians 2:9-11). As one who may be aspiring to lead others in the house of God or in any other field of endeavor
, it’s important that you serve, and learn to submit yourself to spiritual authority. You have to be under authority before you become a man of authority, otherwise you may not function by the power of God’s Spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONEY AFFIRMATIONS; MONEY EVERYWHERE !!!

Money likes me. Money flows easily into my life. As I give, I make room for more. I am a conduit of money into the kingdom. I attract money naturally. Everything I touch is minting money. I am laying up gold as dust. The angel of wealth accompany me everywhere I go and causes money to come to me freely. I have new opportunities and channel to make money. I have more than enough money to fulfill all my commitments and vows. Whatever activities I perform makes money for me and I am always full of money. Financial ideas keeps coming to me. I have money to save, to spend and to give. Money and I have a good relationship. It does not fear or shy away from me. I know how to manage, multiply and utilize it. I am a money magnet; money is constantly attracted to me. Men are giving into my account daily. Every day I am attracting and saving more and more money. He daily loads me with benefits. I have all the money I require for the good life and godliness. I

I LAY UP GOLD AS DUST! - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

Somebody said, "There’s financial harmattan. Everywhere is just dry". Not me! Dry? Never! Not in my DNA. I am always in surplus! But when do you have the most dust? In time of dryness! Wipe the dust today, come back tomorrow, the dust is back, all over the place. The scripture is saying "In time of dryness, I lay up gold as dust (Job 22:24). Too much money! When their bank accounts are frowning, my own bank accounts are laughing, shouting for joy. Gloryyyyy!!! Remember, everything in life including your bank accounts have intelligence. Let my bank accounts shout for joy, and be glad! Because my bank accounts are favoring God's righteous cause, yea, let my finances say continually , Let the Lord be magnified.... (Psalm 35:27)! Hallelujah!!! Glory to God! It’s time to start laying up gold as dust and it’s time to start funding the Gospel big time. My name is on every naira, every rand, every dollar, every cedis, every euro, and every pound, Just look at them

THE MIMSHACK ANOINTING' AS RECOMMENDED BY PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME FOR THIS MONTH OF EXPANSION

Click to Order Now! @ a 20% Discount. 'The Mimshack Anointing' as recommended by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome for this glorious Month of Expansion. http://bit.ly/1NgbPgc