Skip to main content

SETTLE IT WITH THE LORD FIRST - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much (James 5:16).

A dear brother learnt about exercising spiritual authority and decided to act his faith. It had been cloudy and a downpour was imminent. Stepping out of his home, he commanded the rain to hold its peace. But soon enough, the rain started pouring down. He commanded the rain to cease, but the more he issued those commands, the heavier the downpour, and the more he got drenched.

He had read that Elijah stopped the rains from falling for three and half years (1 Kings 17), and so he thought, “If Elijah could do that, why couldn’t I?” But there’s something the young man didn’t understand.

If you only studied 1 Kings 17, you might run off with the view that Elijah merely proclaimed that there would be no rain, stormed out of Ahab’s palace, and the clouds were shut. James 5:17 shows us there was something more: “...he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.” Before Elijah declared that there’d be no rain, he had already settled the matter with God. He had prevailed with God in prayer in his closet; it was an argumentative prayer, because it isn’t man’s jurisdiction to stop or cause rain to fall.

Jesus made it clear in Matthew 5:45 that sending down rain is solely God’s domain: “That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” What Elijah did was to bring his strong reasons before the Lord in prayer, and the Lord granted his request.

This is what you do when dealing with cases, situations or issues outside your personal territory or jurisdiction. You must first prevail in prayer. There must first be moments of intense, heartfelt, earnest prayer, supplication, intercession, and giving of thanks. Such prayer, the Bible says, makes tremendous power available, dynamic in its working (James 5:16 AMP).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONEY AFFIRMATIONS; MONEY EVERYWHERE !!!

Money likes me. Money flows easily into my life. As I give, I make room for more. I am a conduit of money into the kingdom. I attract money naturally. Everything I touch is minting money. I am laying up gold as dust. The angel of wealth accompany me everywhere I go and causes money to come to me freely. I have new opportunities and channel to make money. I have more than enough money to fulfill all my commitments and vows. Whatever activities I perform makes money for me and I am always full of money. Financial ideas keeps coming to me. I have money to save, to spend and to give. Money and I have a good relationship. It does not fear or shy away from me. I know how to manage, multiply and utilize it. I am a money magnet; money is constantly attracted to me. Men are giving into my account daily. Every day I am attracting and saving more and more money. He daily loads me with benefits. I have all the money I require for the good life and godliness. I

I LAY UP GOLD AS DUST! - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

Somebody said, "There’s financial harmattan. Everywhere is just dry". Not me! Dry? Never! Not in my DNA. I am always in surplus! But when do you have the most dust? In time of dryness! Wipe the dust today, come back tomorrow, the dust is back, all over the place. The scripture is saying "In time of dryness, I lay up gold as dust (Job 22:24). Too much money! When their bank accounts are frowning, my own bank accounts are laughing, shouting for joy. Gloryyyyy!!! Remember, everything in life including your bank accounts have intelligence. Let my bank accounts shout for joy, and be glad! Because my bank accounts are favoring God's righteous cause, yea, let my finances say continually , Let the Lord be magnified.... (Psalm 35:27)! Hallelujah!!! Glory to God! It’s time to start laying up gold as dust and it’s time to start funding the Gospel big time. My name is on every naira, every rand, every dollar, every cedis, every euro, and every pound, Just look at them

THE MIMSHACK ANOINTING' AS RECOMMENDED BY PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME FOR THIS MONTH OF EXPANSION

Click to Order Now! @ a 20% Discount. 'The Mimshack Anointing' as recommended by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome for this glorious Month of Expansion. http://bit.ly/1NgbPgc